I believe my role as an instructor is to help students establish a framework for understanding field-specific topics, develop their mastery of broadly applicable professional skills, and empower students to model decision making and behaviors that reflect the best practices in the field.
I am particularly passionate about online and hybrid education formats. I am eager to help students attain flexibility in their education while maintaining quality training in face-to-face communication, team work, and hands-on skills.
I have in-residence and online experience as a course author, instructor, and teaching assistant. I have previously taught or TA'd the following undergraduate courses:
- Childhood Obesity: Causes, Consequences, and Solutions ^!
- Empirical Inquiry in Human Development*
- Value and Ethics in Human Development and Family Studies*
- Sexual Identity through the Lifespan*
I am also prepared to teach the following courses based on my formal training and research expertise:
- Foundations of Human Centered Design
- Consumer Health Information Behavior
- Mixed Methods Research Approaches
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Development and Evaluation of Prevention and Intervention Programs
^ Course author; ! Instructor; * Teaching Assistant